Wednesday, December 15, 2010

bunt.

Time : 9:32 pm


Location : the sofa

Weather : still not snowing.



Did you know, that I am in the ONLY area in France that is yet to receive snow? Even Corse got snow. This is unacceptable.

No need to state it’s Wednesday.

I was so worried about making it to gymnastics this morning that I woke up early to go and get gas. It went well. I now know how to get gas.

I finally got the last touches on my trip all done up today while Lou was at gymnastics. It is an incredible relief. Now I just have to wait until Saturday..!! While out travelling, I don’t know how often I will be able to make blog entries. I don’t think I can guarantee every night. Although, I might be able to do them during the day. I really don’t know. I guess we’ll both just have to wait and see.

This afternoon we played a lot of tag. It was inside tag. Kind of fun, but repetitive. I hate being “it” and I also suck at it. Eventually we switched to getting our driving permits, going on road trips, etc.

I went out for a walk. I was getting a bit of cabin fever and Lou would not for the life of her go outside to do anything. It was great to stretch my legs and take a gander. I didn’t see much out of the ordinary. There was an incredible color show going on with the sun and clouds. Absolutely gorgeous.
bunt.

When I got back, we baked a cake. It was a yogurt cake. It was ridiculously easy. I remember the recipe still! And it was delicious. I had no idea what kind of cake it was going to taste like, mainly because it had yogurt in it and we used some orange flower flavouring. I’ve never seen it before, but it tastes ok. Lou said we could have used vanilla too, which I think would have made more sense because we used vanilla flavouring.

Oh, and by the way, we made a bunt cake out of it. A BUNT cake.

That reminds me, today was filled with English. Lou was really into saying everything in English today. Lucky her, I just so happen to be an expert in the domain. Tag in English and we even did the baking in English. For some reason French kids can not say "perched". It comes out "pur-ch-eh-dd". Like there is an extra syllable at the end. It is kind of funny..

Something that keeps catching my eye is my haircut. I don’t know if it was jus the way my hair was today, but every time I looked in the mirror today, I looked like I had a She-Mullet. It was weird. But I kind of liked it. But it still caught me off guard.

Evening crept in as we watched Grey’s Anatomy and I made supper. There has been a cabbage sitting in the fridge for a couple days and I have had no idea what to do with it. It just sat there, taunting me. Finally I decided to end the taunting today. I made cabbage soup and threw in some pieces of sausage, which ended up making it delicious! Apparently cabbage soup is a good meal idea. I never would have guessed.

Well, that’s my day. Really not overly eventful.

Maybe I will find something exciting to do tomorrow.

I just realized I am yet to do my shenanigans… Tomorrow’s agenda has just filled up..

10:13pm

PS. I've added photos to yesterday's entry. They're just of me all bundled up from star gazing.. just incase you were interested..

5 comments:

  1. Haha poor Anna, no snow. You would not be envious of our weather last night.. LOTS of freezing rain and then a layer of snow on top! It was fantastic (not). So hopefully that makes you feel just slightly better. Although I'm not going to lie, I can;t wait for the entry when I finally get to hear how much commotion a little snow causes in France!
    How old is Lou again? I don't think that I ever played games so realistic/serious when I still had enough imagination for real play. Does she ever make up characters? Or monsters? Or pretend to be a movie character?
    Or are all little french girls so serious?
    Haha bunt. Did she pronounce it the way they did in My Big Fat Greek Wedding? I know, different accent, but still similar.
    Your "girl mullet" reminds me a bit of the haircut Emerald gave me. Not to say it's mullet-y, but it caught my eye for awhile too. If I go without make-up I look pretty sharp, maybe a bit more masculine. It's kinda cool. Pretty sharp.
    Can't wait to hear about tomorrow's shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I said sharp twice.
    Now three times.
    Emerald should be flattered :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea if all FRench girls are so serious. Maybe its jsut a preference of play? I dont know.
    Actually, nobody said anything about it being a Bunt cake. Which I found relatively disappointing.. And i dont think anyone here would enjoy watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding either. which is too bad. its so funny!

    Ive got a sick idea for when I return. Lets grow our hair out really long until July then get intense girl mullets for the 3rd weekend of July.
    Sounds like an excellent plan. :P

    PS for somereason I am not surprised that Emerald is good at cutting hair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahhahahahahaha I am so down for the girl mullets!
    Maybe we can get Emerald to do them :)

    ReplyDelete